Saturday, January 28, 2012

Smartphone Apps for PR Pros

PR Daily recently posted an article- "23 smartphone apps perfect for PR pros." Having just joined the world of smartphones, I know, SO late, this article caught my eye and I picked out my favorites. This list does not include the traditional Facebook, Pandora, and Yelp apps, by the way. Although it does include Four Square, and Instagram, other well-known apps.

  • Around Me allows you to quickly learn about your surroundings and find: ATMs, drug stores, gas stations, coffee shops, etc.
  • Flipboard turns your Facebook, Twitter and other social websites into a digital magazine format which lets you flip through the sites easily.
  • Dropbox lets you bring your photos, documents, and videos anywhere and share them easily. It's great when multiples people are working on a single project.
  • Harvest lets PR Prros track their time and send invoices from the app. Would definitely be useful for me!
  • Square gives businesses the ability to accept credit and debit card purchases anywhere. The app includes a free tiny square accessory that attaches to your phone where you swipe the card. 
  • Teuxdeux is a simple to-do list app and apparently very easy to navigate and use.
I'm always looking for new and useful apps, I'll definitely be downloading some of these on my fancy schmancy new phone!

1 comment:

  1. I use Harvest for one of the companies I freelance for. It's an awesome app!

    ReplyDelete