Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tech-savvy resumes

I am constantly updating my resume. Whether it's updating my job experience or skills, or changing the layout, I swear I update it at least every two weeks. And of course each time I email it to my mom to print 10 copies [her work has this nice marble print paper!] only to re-do it again in a week or so.

So this time, during my weekly update, I made my resume tech-savvy. I read an article by Elizabeth Garzone The Wall Street Journal online, "Updating a Resume for 2011" and decided to get to work. 99% of the time my resume is being sent online as opposed to me handing them the piece of paper, so it makes sense that your resume should be tech savvy. I made my e-mail address on my resume a live e-mail link, and also added a "links" section underneath skills. I added clickable links to my LinkedIn page, this blog, and another blog I was a guest blogger for, The PR Lawyer.


This article also stated how most resumes are scanned, not read word-for-word, and to make sure your resume stands out. Maybe people have been adding live links to their resumes for awhile now, but I just caught on and it definitely stands out to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment