Friday, November 4, 2011

Movin' on up!

Today is a big day for me. I upgraded to a smart phone! My previous phone, which I've had for 2 and a half years, was on it's last legs. I swear cell phones these days are programmed to internally combust after 2 years so that you have to sign a contract again! I loved my phone though, it was a Samsung Eternity and I've always had luck with Samsung phones and really never felt the need to have the internet on my phone.

Due to the fact that I'd like to join the PR/event planning world [ASAP!], I figured I'd eventually have to get a smart phone anyway [and okay, I'll probably browse Facebook once in awhile too..] so I decided on now rather than later to get one. I am now the proud owner of an HTC Inspire.

I have yet to figure out all the bells and whistles on this phone and it will probably take me awhile to do so! I'm excited to download some fun apps from the Android Market, especially the "text 'n drive" app. I'm against texting while driving but this app makes it hands-free- it reads you the texts you receive and you can respond by talking to your phone. I'm hoping to find a good organizational app too, a calendar or checklist perhaps? I plan my life around a calendar so it'd be nice to have that on my phone. This phone is so high tech, it's going to take me forever to figure out but I'm adamant about not becoming one of those people that's constantly glued to their phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment