Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Business cards for job seekers?

While at a recent networking event, (and after reading an article about networking I summarized below) I came to the realization that I need business cards. Business cards when I do not work for a business? Odd, I know. But at networking events, handing out your resume is awkward- people don't bring their work bags or briefcases there, they bring their purses. Hence the need!

I began doing some research as to what exactly I should put on my business card and encountered some difficulty when trying to think of a "tagline" for myself. I finally decided on "Communication Studies graduate with Public Relations, Marketing, and Event Planning experience." --That pretty much sums it up! I also included my home address, phone number, e-mail address, and directed people that they could find my resume on LinkedIn. Here's a copy of my business card:

I ordered these from VistaPrint and got 500 for $10 with free shipping- not a bad deal at all. Plus, they're pretty! I can't wait for them to arrive. Now I just have to find more networking events to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment